Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My First Purse

The Jordy Bag - it has been instrumental in my purse making education.

When I began sewing again after getting my second sewing machine (long story), the fabric store across the street from my house was going out of business. Oh happy day! All fabric and notions were 75% off - I was in heaven - the minnimum two yard purchase was bogus - but I digress.
Google and I became closely acquainted as I searched for everything related to purse making - pictures, patterns, tutorials, proceedures - anything I could get my hands on. Google introduced me to http://www.craftster.org/. Whoa nelly! If you haven't been there - stop reading - click the link - go explore and be amazed...GO!

Ok, now that you're back - all those helpful tutorials inspired me! The Jordy Bag and her Brilliant instructions gave me the know-how and confidence to make these:





So thank you Jordy, wherever you are, whatever you are doing, because you gave me the confidence to try new things!

Like this:







1 comment:

  1. that's a lot of purses! you must have quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete